Wednesday 9 February 2011

Delivered from fear

2 Timothy (1:7)

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love and of self-discipline."


One of the first areas in my life that I received deliverance from after I became a Christian, was fear. Before I got saved I was a very shy and withdrawn individual. When I say shy, I mean to the point in which I found it very difficult to communicate with the people around me. I was fine with the friends that I grew up with, but with people I didn't know, my mind would just be a blank. I was bound by fear. Fear of failure, fear of what people thought and of people in general. It was an irrational fear that held me in bondage for a long time.

In 1997, while on remand awaiting a prison sentence, I gave my life to Jesus and my life was radically changed by the power and love of God. Fear left me and I immediately began to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Fear and anxiety left and was replaced by boldness and love.

Romans (8:15)

"for you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the spirit of sonship, and by Him we cry "Abba, Father.""

It's not God's will or desire that we the Church live in or put up with fear any longer. Fear is bondage. It holds us back from releasing God's full potential that is in us. It puts a stop in doing what the lord has called us to do. Many times in the Bible we hear the comforting words of Jesus to "fear not" or "be not afraid". He also said in the last chapter of the book of John, that He is with us always. If God is with us, why do we need to be afraid. If the Very God of the universe is for us and not against us, then we have nothing or nobody to be afraid of.

I want you to know that you can receive freedom from fear. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus we have been set free. Jesus came to set the captives free. Refuse to fear any minute longer. Place your faith in Jesus and the finished work of the cross. Thank him and praise Him that through the cross you have been delivered from fear.

If I've been set free from fear, so can you.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment