Wednesday 30 March 2011

Relationship with God Series : Part Two

As I shared in the previous post, spending time with God, is one of the most important things we should do as a believer. Relationship with God is what we were created for. It's our destiny in this world and our reason for living. Within our very D.N.A, is a burning desire to want to know God, personally for ourselves.

John (15:4-5) "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing."

Abiding in God, carries with it the idea of being in fellowship and continually connected with the father, through prayer and also the word. Abiding with God means that His life, His love, the fruit of the spirit is flowing freely through us and manifesting in our lives. The character and nature of Jesus is reflected in us as we yield to His life-giving presence. Spending time with God (because we love Him and want to), is abiding in Him and will produce fruit in our lives

The fruit of the spirit and the power of God is a by-product of hanging out with the Lord almighty. It's natural for a fruit tree to produce fruit, it doesn't struggle or strive and as children of God, neither should we. When we choose to chill with God, we naturally become more like Him in every way. Our very being begins to become saturated and soaked with His presence, we begin to carry around with us the very fragrance of Christ.

Choose today to spend quality time with God. He wants to be with you. He loves you so much.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. ABIDE IN ME

    Jesus was very clear in what we must do in order to have Him ABIDE in us and we in Him.

    He left this command for us in John 6:53-57, and it is the only place in Holy Scripture in which you will find it:

    53 " Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you (the taken away branch);

    54 he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

    55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

    56 HE WHO EATS MY FLESH AND DRINKS MY BLOOD ABIDES IN ME, AND I IN HIM.

    57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me."


    What does "Truly, truly" mean to you in verse 53? What does "unless" mean?

    The body lives because it receives real food sustenance. Starve the body and it will die.

    Just as the body needs real sustenance, so does the soul, else it will not bear fruit.

    The soul lives by real Divine sustenance, the true presence of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

    ReplyDelete