Sunday 13 March 2011

Faith Series : Hindrances to our Faith : Part Three

As believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, faith is not our problem. We have the faith of God and the faith that He's given to us doesn't lose it's power, diminish over time or evaporate. The bible says that all we need is faith as small as a mustard seed, to move mountains, Matthew (17:20). We don't need great faith to accomplish what God has called us to do, to believe the word of God, to share the Gospel and to lay hands on the sick and see them healed. All we need is begin to use the faith that God has given to us through Jesus.

I began to share through my last post, how certain things can hinder us from believing god and releasing our faith. One of those Hindrances is unbelief and another is fear. Before I gave my life to Jesus and received the awesome gift of salvation and the baptism in the Holy Spirit, I struggled greatly in this area. Fear seemed to dominate my life and paralysed my growth as a person. I was very shy and withdrawn and found it very difficult to communicate with the people around me. I was afraid. Afraid of failing, afraid of rejection, afraid of saying the wrong things and afraid that people wouldn't like me. I was bound by fear for a very long time and it took Jesus for me to be set free. Praise God!! I still struggle with the symptoms of fear in my life at times, but not anywhere near close to what I struggled with before I got saved.

Fear is a weapon that the devil uses against God's people, to intimidate and stop us, from fulfilling whatever it is God's called us to be and to do. Satan uses fear to put the brakes onto the Body of Christ, from walking and living in faith on daily basis. In Luke (8:44-50) Jarius, a ruler of a synagogue, was taking Jesus to his daughter of twelve years old, to heal her. As Jesus was on His way there, a woman with an issue of blood touched the hem of Jesus garment and the healing power of God flowed out of Jesus and healed her. While this was going on, someone came from Jarius house, to tell him that his daughter had died. What an opportunity this was for satan to sow fear into this man's mind and emotions and I'm sure Jarius was tempted to be afraid. Notice Jesus reaction to this news and what He says to the ruler of the synagogue, in verse fifty, Jesus says to him "fear not, believe only and she shall be made whole." Jesus response to fear is to believe only. As Jarius refused to be afraid and continued to believe, he saw the power of God raise his daughter from the dead. Fear is faith in what satan can do and faith is believing in the promises of God and in what Jesus can do and what he has accomplished through the cross. Praise God!! Refusing to fear releases the power of God in our lives. In Jarius case he saw his daughter raised from the dead. What an awesome miracle that must have been!

Personally, as I've refused to fear in my life and chosen to obey God, believe His word and act upon it, I've seen many demonstrations of the power of God. I've seen people healed as I've laid hands on the sick, led people to the Lord as I've shared the Gospel with them and done things I never thought possible. Glory to God!! There are many people in the body of Christ today who have also refused to fear and instead have believed and acted on God's word and seen tremendous results in their lives.

The bible tells us that we have been delivered from fear, Romans (8:15), 2 timothy (1:7). Jesus has set us free from fear, it no longer has any hold, power or authority over us anymore, we don't have to give into or tolerate it in our lives for a second longer. Do we believe God's word? Is all our attention on what we feel or on what God Say's in His word about us? Do we believe we've been set free from fear? Let's learn as believer's, to walk in this freedom from fear, so that we can live by faith in this world without out faith being contaminated by fear or anything else that causes our walk with the Lord to be hindered.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment