Monday 4 April 2011

Relationship with God Series : Part Three

Nearly fouteen years ago I gave my life to Jesus while serving a prison sentence and one of the first things that God gave me a revelation of, was the importance of spending time with Him. It was a foundational understanding that helped me use the time that I had, to get to know Him in an personal, intimate way. I distinctly remember at various times, throughout my walk with God, even up until this day thanking, praising and worshiping Him and then being consumed by His presence, His glory, in a tangible way. I would experience waves of His love and peace, that totally wrecked me for Jesus in a positive way. Those times with the Lord gave me a burning desire within me to want to know Him more.

God is calling His Church, the body of Christ, to a place of intimate fellowship with Him, not out of a sense of duty or obligation, but because we're head over heels in love with Him and because we love to just be with Him. As we spend time with the Lord, like the apostles, the people around us will know that we've been with Jesus. His very character and nature will be reflected in us and manifested in our lives. Choose today to sit at the feet of Jesus. He wants to be with you, He wants you to experience His love and presence. Allow His presence to wreck you, so that you'll never be the same again. Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment